About Us

A little on our History

Casa de São MamedeThe “Casa de São Mamede” is a small, family kind hotel type establishment with 28 rooms, that functions in a beautiful building of XVIII century. It was in 1758 that the property was constructed for residence of a magistrate, the Dr. Manuel Jose de Faria and Sousa, curiously, is one of the first buildings to be constructed in the traditional system of “birdcage” – heartquake- proof construction used after earthquake of 1755. Having been adapted to a hotel unit in 1948, it knew how to keep throught the years, the treatment, the tradition and the atmosphere of a true family house.

Its position in the geography of Lisbon forming a plaza with the Church of the same name and respective garden, constitutes in the words of an illustrious portuguese professor the “better localization of this kind of establishments, since that, is placed in full heart of the city, confers it something of the bucolic beauty of a village“*;

Always trying to preserve the past we did not relinquish, however, the comfort requirements that the contemporary life demands, so, all the rooms have the same infrastructures, namely: all have privative bathroom, telephone, digital safe, satellite television, double glasses and air-conditioned with individual command. The fact that we’re dealing with a small hotel type unit, allow us to grant a more intent and personalized treatment to each customer.

*Professor Augusto França in “Monte Olivete Minha Aldeia”